PERFORMANCE BASED TESTING
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Advancement Testing will be temporarily conducted in a different manner. You will be taking your online Advancement Test from home. You will not be required to physically attend a formal testing event at any location, as there will not be any.
You will have access to your test beginning February 22, 2021 after 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. on February 23, 2021. I strongly advise testing sooner than later during this window of time. If you do not pass your test on the first try, you must call the Local Coordinator between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on February 22nd or 23rd and a new test will be reset for you at that time. If you do not pass the second test, you will be retained at your current wage rate for the next six months as outlined in the B.N.A.P. Standards.
The Great Lakes area will not be requiring the usual payment of $50.00 for Advancement at this time. Be prepared to pay $100.00 to $150.00 when we Advance in August 2021. You will be advised if Advancement is returning to an in-person event prior to August 2021. You will be mailed your materials after the Advancement process. Make sure Local 647 has a current address for you.
If you did not complete your online studies prior to January 1, 2021 as noted on the schedule you were given at Advancement, also posted on Local 647’s website, you may find incomplete assignments are locked. You will not be advancing in February and will be retained at your current wage rate until September 2021. If you find yourself in this situation contact the Local Coordinator to be advised of the next steps in the process. Do not contact the Great Lakes Area office unless advised to do so by the Local coordinator.
Great Lakes Area testing protocols for at home testing:
1. No Screen shots are acceptable for testing. If their test does not come up on the report they must retest (No Exceptions). If an Apprentice has multiple screen open during the test a fatal error will occur. And their test will not be considered completed.
2. Their test is only available to them for a period of two hours after the test has launched.
If you have any questions call your local coordinator.
As you should be aware, G.L.A.B.A.P. and Local 647 have established minimum requirements, which you are to adhere to. Failure to do so will result in disciplinary action. Four disciplinary actions within a 2 year period will result in termination from the apprenticeship program. On the day you were indentured you signed an agreement stating that you would abide by these requirements. The requirements for the next semester are listed below.
- Your first online home study test (minimum of one) is due by April 1, 2021.
- Your next online home study test (minimum of one) is due by May 1, 2021.
- Your next online home study test (minimum of one) is due by June 1, 2021.
- All of your online home study tests and coursework are due by July 1, 2021.
- All monthly job reports need to be received by the 15th of the following month.
- You must maintain current MOST drug testing.
- Update your MSHA certification annually.
- Maintain a current TWIC card.
Send all lessons, OJT’s, and monthly job reports (both the white and yellow copy, you keep the pink) to:
Boilermakers Local #647
9459 NW Highway 10
Ramsey, MN 55303
Do not send lessons, monthly job reports, or OJT's to the G.L.A.B.A.P. office in Illinois.